What is ATDW and Why Should I List?
The Australian Tourism Data Warehouse (ATDW) is a database of Australian tourism information that caters specifically for Accommodation, Attraction, Events, Tour, Transport, Hire operators and Restaurant categories. Eligible information is collected and curated by VisitCanberra so it meets a set of national standards. This in turn means that the tourism information in this database has the potential to be current, credible, informative and highly sought after.
VisitCanberra accesses the content for use in their websites and booking systems. Without a listing on ATDW, your information can’t appear on the consumer website visitcanberra.
An ATDW listing has many benefits for tourism operators. These include:
- the ease of a one-off listing that will appear on multiple websites
- the significant amount of exposure your listing will gain from appearing on a highly reputable Territory Tourism Organisation website that attracts well over a million visitors each year
- the opportunity for most database categories to also appear on Tourism Australia’s website www.australia.com
- the savings you’ll make and can therefore use in other areas of your business because ATDW listings in the ACT are free
- a system that will prompt you to answer the necessary questions and provide your potential new customers with the information they want to see
- the ability to have your information updated quickly and without additional cost
- quality control by your Territory Tourism Organisation so you know your listing is at a national standard.
VisitCanberra’s consumer advertising continues to use visitcanberra as the primary call to action. It’s vital that your information in the database and on our website is current, engaging and relevant. Your information also gets distributed to other major travel websites, so spending time on your visitcanberra listing will make a big impact.
Event specific information
Approved events will be listed on visitcanberra, events.act.gov.au and used to provide information to visitors at the Canberra and Region Visitors Centre. Listed events will be considered for inclusion in VisitCanberra publications in print and online format. Listed events may also be provided to other publications and information providers that request tourism event information.
By listing your event you are consenting to the use of your event information by VisitCanberra and other third party organisations. Event listings are subject to editorial discretion. Only suitable tourism events will be included in online and print publications. Decisions on inclusion of events by other publications to which this information is supplied rests solely with the editors of those publications.
Please note that it is the event organiser’s responsibility to inform VisitCanberra of any changes regarding the event such as change in name, dates, description, location, cost, etc. VisitCanberra will not be held liable for the validity or reliability of information provided by event organisers.
Frequently asked questions
Cherie Glanville, Digital Database Coordinator
P: 02 6205 0029