Since 2010 Tourism Australia’s global consumer marketing campaign There’s Nothing Like Australia has been successfully attracting millions of international travellers by showcasing some of the best attractions and experiences Australia has to offer. The campaign has evolved and developed over time and from early 2016 the next phase will focus attention on one of Australia’s key competitive advantages – the quality and variety of our aquatic experiences and our abundant, natural coastline.
The campaign features more than a dozen unique and distinct Australian aquatic and coastal experiences including Canberra’s Lake Burley Griffin.
Canberra’s major aquatic centrepiece, Lake Burley Griffin, is surrounded by an array of world-class tourist attractions and experiences. From hot air ballooning over the lake to exploring the attractions along its shoreline and enjoying a variety of dining options on its edge; Lake Burley Griffin and the experiences it is home toposition Canberra well in this campaign.
How you can be involved
There are a number of ways industry can get involved in the campaign. They include:
- Submitting aquatic videos and photos to be featured in the campaign through Tourism Australia and VisitCanberra’s social media channels. Post images and video direct to the Australia.com and visitcanberra.com.au Facebook walls, hashtag Instagram images with #seeaustralia and #visitcanberra and include @Australia and @visitcanberra in your Twitter posts. The ‘best of the best’ user generated content will be curated and featured across Tourism Australia’s social media platforms and Australia.com to inspire international visitors to experience our offering for themselves. Don’t forget to include a short caption about where your content was captured. Further tips and tricks from Tourism Australia’s social media team can be found at tourism.australia.com/socialmedia
- Sending Tourism Australia and VisitCanberra news and story ideas on aquatic and coastal products and experiences. These can be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org and may be used in:
- Australian Stories – Tourism Australia’s weekly product and destination newsletter that keeps international media and travel industry partners informed on what’s new and trending in Australia.
- Media itineraries – Be featured in aquatic and coastal itineraries for media and influencers who are travelling to Australia as part of Tourism Australia’s International Media Hosting Program.
- The Aussie Specialist Program – Provide ideas and suggestions to Aussie Specialist travel sellers to help them design aquatic and coastal itineraries and better serve the needs of their customers.
- Australia.com – Appear in the latest product and destination news on Australia.com. Business listings should be submitted to the Australian Tourism Data Warehouse through VisitCanberra
- Accessing new campaign assets from Tourism Australia’s image and video galleries for use in your own marketing activities from January 2016. Tourism Australia will have a range of assets for use including virtual reality footage, 360 footage, a broadcast ad, aquatic imagery and user generated content.
For updates on how to stay involved subscribe to VisitCanberra’s e-newsletter Industry Link at tourism.act.gov/industrylink and Tourism Australia’s weekly e-newsletter Essentials at tourism.australia.com/subscribe. The latest information about the campaign will be published on Tourism Australia’s corporate website tourism.australia.com.