What is ATDW and why should I use it?
The Australian Tourism Data Warehouse (ATDW) is a database of quality controlled Australian tourism information. The database caters for:
- Hire operators
- Food & Drink
- Listings for General Tourism Services (not currently used by VisitCanberra)
VisitCanberra uses ATDW content on their websites and booking systems. Without an ATDW listing, your information can’t appear on the visitcanberra.com.au website.
An ATDW listing has many benefits for tourism operators. These include:
- the significant, free exposure your listing gains from appearing on a highly reputable Government Tourism Organisation website with about 1.5 million online visitors annually
- the ease of a one-off listing that can appear on multiple websites
- no need to duplicate your information for different states if you are near a border
- the ability to have your information updated quickly
- a platform that prompts you to answer questions so you can provide potential customers the information in which they’re interested
VisitCanberra’s consumer advertising uses visitcanberra.com.au as the primary call to action, therefore it is vital that your information in ATDW-Online is current, engaging and relevant.
Approved events will be listed on visitcanberra.com.au and events.act.gov.au. Listed events may also be considered for inclusion in VisitCanberra's print and online publications and may also be provided to other publications and tourism information providers. Event listings are subject to editorial discretion. Only suitable tourism events will be included in online and print publications.
Existing ATDW users
If you have previously registered for access to myATDW then please see the ATDW-Online transition page for instructions about how to log in to the new ATDW-Online platform.
If you would like to register for access to ATDW-Online there are a number of steps you should follow in order to make the process as smooth as possible.
Determine if your business or event is eligible to be listed in ATDW.
Read the Eligibility page carefully to determine if your business or event is eligible to be listed in ATDW. If you’re unsure of your eligibility please email the Digital Database Coordinator.
- Ensure you have met the requirements for listing in ATDW.
Read the Requirements and guidelines page to ensure that you have all of the necessary information to create your ATDW listing.
- Register for access to ATDW-Online
If you believe that your business or event is eligible and that you have all of the necessary information to create a new listing then you are ready to register for access to ATDW-Online.
To register visit atdw-online.com.au and click on the Create an account button. Select I Want To Create An ATDW Listing For My Business or Event, then follow the prompts to create your account.
- Once you submit your listing for review, approval can take 2 - 5 business days.
You will receive an automated email advising you when your event has been approved.
Your listing should appear on www.visitcanberra.com.au within 24 hours of approval.