Applications to attend Australia’s largest annual travel and tourism business-to-business event, Australian Tourism Exchange (ATE) close next week.
ATE 2020 will be held from 10 to 14 May at the Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre.
ATE brings together Australian tourism businesses, and tourism wholesalers and retailers from around the world through a combination of scheduled business appointments and networking events. It also provides international travel buyers with the opportunity to experience Australia’s tourism offering first-hand through pre and post-event familiarisations.
Around 1,400 Australian seller delegates from approximately 550 companies, 600 key buyer delegates from over 30 countries, and 70 international and Australian media attend this global event.
VisitCanberra will provide the following support to industry partners wishing to participate as part of the ACT ATE 2020 delegation:
- VisitCanberra will cover the cost of the back graphic panels of participating industry partners’ booths (valued at $785.40 for sole booths).
- Product inclusion in the Canberra Experience Guide, which is distributed in VisitCanberra’s appointments and available on the VisitCanberra trade hub.
- VisitCanberra will provide industry partners with destination content in English and Mandarin for distribution in appointments.
- VisitCanberra will host a series of industry workshops/meetings in the lead up to ATE 2020 to prepare industry partners to capitalise on opportunities available at ATE 2020.
- VisitCanberra will actively pitch a Canberra famil program to buyer delegates and will preference ATE partners in this program.
- VisitCanberra will run a café to encourage visitation to the ACT area throughout the event which will provide additional networking opportunities.
A good representation from the ACT at the event will provide agents with multiple reasons to include Canberra on international travel itineraries and brochures.
The costs related to attendance at ATE may be recognised by Austrade for the purposes of Export Market Development Grants (EMDG). Find out more about EMDG.
For further information on the event and to register, please visit the Tourism Australia ATE website.
Applications close Friday 11 October 2019.
Contact Nicole Turnbull, Partnerships Events Officer, if you have any questions about ATE 2020.